Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Provence Cure for the Brokenhearted

Finished The Provence Cure for the Brokenhearted by Bridget Asher. This book has been on my TBR pile ever since Border's had their going out of business sale last summer. At the time I stocked up on lots of books that I had flagged on Shelfari. The cover and title of this book held me back for a while. It seemed so girly to me, and a few of the other books from that purchase had turned out to be way more chick than lit. However, as soon as I was a few chapters in, I knew it was going to be excellent. The characters and their situations are very real and believable. Descriptions were genuinely detailed and original, and Asher's sense of humor is unforgettable. I so enjoyed this book. The descriptions of food are tantalizing and luckily, there are recipes in the back. This book is much deeper than the cover gives it credit for. A must read for anyone who loves food, quirky characters and/or France.

No comments: